making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 13 March 2007

Another movie soon?

It is only during the holidays that I can watch movies at the cinema. Any parent would know, once you have children, it is rather difficult to watch a movie with your spouse, unless you can leave the children with your parents or in-laws to look after for 2-3 hours but I feel bad doing that. (Maybe it is just me.) So I like the school holidays because I don't have counselling and I can go for a movie while the girls are at pre-school.

When younger in secondary school and JC, I found that I often relented to friends' choices when I watched movies with them. Slowly, I discovered it is actually easier to watch alone because I can watch what I want, without having to compromise the choice of movies. I love horror, thriller, action, science-fiction, fantasy and mystery. Not many gal friends I know like horror, science-fiction, fantasy and action (like "300"). So it also gets abit difficult trying to get gal friends to see the movies with me. Not a problem though with guy friends but sometimes, I just want to hang out with gal friends. Once, I went to see "The Matrix" with a gal friend. I ended up having to explain the whole show to her TWICE after the movie because she couldn't understand the whole concept of the matrix as a simulated reality and the agents as computer programmes... Although my hubby and I have fairly similar tastes in movies, I still find it is easier to just watch movies on my own at times. Sorry. Also because I don't have to share the popcorn. Hahaha.

So what movie should I go for next? The Messengers? Primeval? Hannibal Rising? Or maybe 300 again. Yar, I will do that.

No comments: