making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 24 March 2007

An Eventful Saturday

This morning, my mother and I brought the girls to the Botanic Garden again. The Botanic Garden is a really good place to educate the girls about nature. Thank goodness, I was a Science teacher before, could at least explain things to the girls. The girls were thrilled to see the swans, a lizard, a family of squirrels, dragonflies, and different flowers up close.



Guess who is the real McCoy?




The top pic is the reverse of the second pic (actual pic)
Reflection of the sky and tree from the pond

In the afternoon, an old family friend and us (my mother, my girls and I) went to Orchard Hotel for Afternoon Tea. The international spread was quite good. The girls became a little high after munching on all the sticks of marshmallows. Hahaha. We were there from 2 pm to 4:30 pm. No need for dinner! Hahaha.

In the evening, we said Farewell to an old friend, my father's car. It was a dark blue Citroen Xsara which has been with us since November 1998. It has served us so faithfully all these years, seldom having any major problems. Thank you, old friend. May you Rest in Peace.

Farewell, old friend! Rest in peace.

We also said Hello to a new friend. It is a dark silver Toyota Yaris which arrived today. Welcome to your new family!
Hmm...maybe it is about time I learn driving again since there is a brand new car at my disposal as my father is often not in Singapore. Hahaha.


Hello! Welcome to the family.

No comments: