making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 9 March 2007

Friendship II

Let's continue on this theme of friendship, specifically in the projects that I am involved in. I have been involved in the projects since I started at the centre in July 2004. I have met many nice people in the projects and some have become my very good friends. We share lots, both good and bad. We encourage and support each other through the bad times. We celebrate and laugh together through the good times. Through these processes, we gain strength from each other and we all grow stronger as a result.

A sad thing: many of these good friends have left the projects and/ or the centre in the last 1.5 years. SE (Dec '05), W (Mar '06), LB (Jun '06), T (Aug '06), C (Sept '06), S (Oct '06), J (Nov '06), Y (Mar '07). A good thing: We still meet up every now and then to talk, to laugh and to give moral support to those remaining. To those of us still remaining, we are not alone, we still have each other. So keep our chins up and SMILE!

PS. It has crossed my mind if there is something wrong. How come I am still here when so many have left? Someone joked and said that I should be getting the Long Service Award for being in the projects the longest (I'm almost the last original team member left in the projects since they started) and I'm still there. YAR, I should be given the LSA! Hahaha.

No comments: