making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 25 March 2007

I received a BUNCH OF FLOWERS!

Today, I received a bunch of flowers! I was really, really HAPPY. No, NOT from my husband. (I think I have better chance of striking Toto than to get a bunch of flowers from him.) My older daughter, Marieann gave me the bunch of flowers. Ok, you may say my husband had to pay for it (anyway, the flowers were from Cold Storage for $3.50). BUT it was my daughter who HAD the thought and ACTED on it to get the flowers for me.

I was really surprised to see Marieann running up to me with the flowers, with a big smile on her face and saying, "Mama, this is for you". I can't quite describe how I felt at that moment. It was like there were flowers blossoming in my heart, happiness just burst forth and resulting in the biggest smile ever on my face. I am happy, not because Mariean gave me the flowers but because the flowers is an expression of her love. No, I don't need presents from my daughters to show that they love me. It is the thought, that's behind the action, that counts ALOT!

Thank you, Marieann. With or without the flowers, Mama loves you. That goes for you too, Juliane.

No comments: