making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 28 March 2007

Kopi Tiam Breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

I take my breakfast on days that I work. (On days that I don't work, it will depend if I feel hungry or not.) My breakfast usually is just a piece of bread and a glass of Milo. But I find myself getting hungry again quite fast. Friends have said I have a bottomless stomach. Hahaha. When I was young (primary school to JC), I used to have oat porridge as my breakfast. Now that's really filling. I remembered not feeling hungry at recess times and thus, saving alot of money in this way. When I went to uni in Brisbane, I didn't have the time to cook my oat porridge breakfast but I found the perfect substitute - Weet-bix! Those of you who have studied in Australia would know what I am talking about. With Weet-bix (which is a high-fibre wheat cereal biscuits), it is either you love it or you hate it. Of course, I loved it. I would take it with Sanitarium So Good Soy Milk, usually Vanilla flavour and I would often add raisins for more chew. Since I started working, I have gotten lazy. I still eat breakfast but I no longer take the effort to make sure I have a good one.

Today, I finally had a breakfast that's comparable to my oat porridge of youth and Weet-bix of adulthood, in terms of the filling and sustainability factor. All thanks to a bet I won. Thanks, Friend. Hahaha. It might have been very common to some of you but I never had it before - the kopi tiam breakfast. (It could be because there are no kopi tiams near where I used to live.) The breakfast set consists of two soft-boiled eggs, toast (with butter or kaya) and tea/ coffee/ Milo. It is really good! I never felt so full. Actually, I was still quite full when my colleagues and I had lunch at 1pm but I must uphold my reputation of being a bottomless pit. Shhh... don't tell anyone. Hahaha.

So if any of you wants to have a kopi tiam breakfast, just give me a call or sms or msn. I will join you. Yes, even waking up earlier for it! =)

No comments: