making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 19 March 2007

Nature walk

Despite being unwell (Yes, again. It's that bloody flu bug still.), my mother and I brought the girls to the Botanic Garden. I thought the fresh air might do me some good too after being cooped up in the house for two days. (Actually, there was another reason: I wanted to eat the Butter & Sugar toast at the food court because today is veggie day and I get hungry very fast. Hahaha.)

We started off at the new extension, Tanglin Gate and made our way to the big pond and then back to Tanglin Gate. We saw the white swans at the pond. Are they the same white swans that I have seen during my younger days? Can't be, right?! Then my mother told me swans can live up to 30 - 40 years. Ok, I learn something new everyday. But then where are the ducks? I remembered seeing some ducks before they renovated the pond. We didn't see them today. Maybe they are in hiding somewhere as I said before they look good as roast duck. Hahaha. On the way, as my mother looked after the girls, I took some photos of nature - flowers, trees, water, ...


After looking at greenery and breathing in fresh air, I did feel better. Or maybe it was the toast after the walk...... Hahaha. :)

No comments: