making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 6 March 2007

Pa, Take care

My father is leaving for Xiamen tomorrow. I feel sad that he is leaving again so soon. Yes, I am a daddy's girl. My father dotes on me. When he is in Singapore, he would often fetch me to places, regardless of rain or shine. And sometimes, he would drop what he is doing just to fetch me. Whereas my husband will probably just ask me to take the public transport or the taxi. Hahaha. (Ok lah, my husband sometimes also fetches me to places lah.) No, I am not feeling sad because I have one less person to fetch me. I am feeling sad because he is my father and he is always there for me. Although we tend to quarrel quite a bit because both of us are so similar in temperament - hot-tempered and impatient, I wish we can spend more quality time together. Growing up in a traditional Chinese family (father Chinese and mother Taiwanese), we often do not openly express our feelings to each other. Although I do not show it/ say it at all, I do care a lot about you, Pa.

So Pa, next time you are back, I will try my best to hold my tongue. I will try to be less hot-tempered and impatient. Meanwhile, please take good care of yourself.

No comments: