making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 31 March 2007

Parenting workshop

This morning, I was at a parenting workshop. A total of 145 parents signed up but I didn't expect all the parents to turn up. Yet there was a huge turn-out of 100 parents! The topic of the workshop was "My Daughter and I: Connecting with your preteens and teens". It is a good sign, it means that parents are interested to get connected with their children and that parents are now more aware and pro-active.

We had group discussions as well as mini lectures in between. I thought the parents really enjoyed the group discussions. I could see the high excitement level when they were discussing and sharing their experiences and tips with one another. On the whole, the workshop went well: parents were nodding and smiling at the points said, laughing at jokes made, etc. Several parents stayed back after the workshop to ask questions. It gave me great pleasure and sense of achievement that I was able to help some of them with their problems. I really enjoyed interacting with the parents and I am glad to be able to share my knowledge with them.

Oh, by the way, I was the presenter for the parenting workshop.


"Children are our most valuable natural resource. - Herbert Hoover"

No comments: