making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 16 March 2007

Pooped!

I am SO POOPED today!

I had a whole day of workshop for the teachers in my project, from 9:30 to 4:30 pm. The teachers had a fruitful day (I would like to think so!), completing what they were supposed to within today's workshop. Everything was a breeze, chicken feet, child's play, duck soup, picnic, piece of cake, no sweat, small potatoes, ... (need I say more)... or so I thought until I got home. I hadn't realised I was so mentally and physically wound up for the workshop. I was totally exhausted, spent, beat, whacked, drained, sapped, knocked out, taxed, zonked, ...(get the picture??!!??)... I can't even remember if I had dinner before I dropped dead to the world in my bed. Those of you who know me, would know that I love eating, to have missed my dinner, meant I was that TIRED! Of course, receiving a certain letter about the possibility of enbloc did NOTHING to elevate my weary spirits.

What means this heaviness that hangs upon me?
This lethargy that creeps through all my senses?
Nature, oppress'd and harrass'd out with care,
Sinks down to rest.
Author: Joseph Addison Source: Cato (act V, sc. 1)
And rested I did for 3.5 hours. I feel energised, refreshed, revived, ...
Now I have another problem. I am WIDE AWAKE!

No comments: