making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 15 March 2007

To live life as a Tai-Tai?

As I mentioned before, it's the 1-week March school holidays. I didn't have school counselling so I am relatively more free as compared to usual, although I still have to work at the centre (part-time as a researcher). Since I have always wanted to experience being a tai-tai, why not try it out now while I am free? So what did I do on those free days?

On Monday, I went to see "300" in the late morning. Went for lunch at a Japanese restaurant and had grilled salmon (still couldn't stomach raw fish). Went to Borders and bought a few books. Shopped a little more at Isetan Scotts. Had afternoon tea at Mariott Hotel. Rented a James Rollins book from Sunny Bookshop, Far East Plaza. Finally went home at 5pm.
Today (Thursday), we - my mother, Juliane and I (Marieann was in school) went to the Post Office in the morning as we had parcels to send. Mother sending her parcel to my nephews in UK and I sending my parcel to my best friend, Min in Australia. (Oi, Min, the parcel is on its way, you should be able to get it by next week.) Went to develop some photos for Juliane's portfolio. Had lunch at a Korean restaurant. After that, we went to the Private Sale at Isetan Scotts (it's an exclusive event for Isetan Cardholders and guests only, it's a really good deal for the cardholders at these events). Lots of people! Thank goodness, we already knew what we wanted so we zeroed in on the Kipling bag and Clarins skin care products. We got home about 3pm. A family friend came over for tea and chit-chat and left about 4pm+.

So what's my verdict about living life as a tai-tai? Let's see. Over the 2 days, physically: I've spent several hours "exercising" (but only my feet); emotionally: I felt happy and good (until I saw my bank statement) and financially: there is $450 less in the bank account. Do I want to be a tai-tai? I am someone who needs variety, who needs to be doing something constructive and meaningful in my life, like work. (No offence to the tai-tais out there. It's just me. I prefer to work. I think I hear my hubby heave a sigh of RELIEF. Hahaha.) Thus, I am doing research work, counselling &/ psychological assessment and PhD studies all at the same time. I get bored easily if I only stick to one thing, like being a tai-tai. So no, I think I am not cut out to be a tai-tai. Sigh.

But on second thoughts...


I think I am okay being an occasional tai-tai. ;)

No comments: