making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 18 March 2007

Wedding dinner gathering

Last night (17 March Saturday), I attended a former colleague, Snow's wedding at the Orchard Hotel. We used to work together at the centre. He invited quite a number of us who are still working at the centre as well as those who have left the centre. In all, he invited 13 of us - me, Clara, Christine, Wengao, Kin Meng, Yee Zher (those who are still at the centre) & wife, and Winnie, Li Ching, Tze Jan, Shine, Yen, and Seng Eng (those who have left). He managed to squeeze 11 of us at Table 29, with the exception of YZ and wife who were seated at another table.

At our table, we had fun catching up with one another, updating each other on what's happening in our lives. It was a 2-in-1 event for us - Snow's wedding celebration as well as our gathering. Hahaha. I love social events like these. It is a chance for us to catch up with each other as well as to have fun. I think it is easier for people to forge/ strengthen their friendships at these sort of events, where it is NOT about work, where it is just about having fun, merriment, laughter and good times! The dinner/ gathering ended at 11pm. Most left at 11pm while a few of us (Winnie, Seng Eng, Kin Meng and I) hang around. No, we didn't stay behind to sabo the bridal couple or to attend the post-wedding party. We were there just to congratulate him and my MAIN purpose was to see the suite. It is an interest of mine, to see the suites of different hotels. Hahaha. (So far, I have seen Conrad, Four Seasons, Fullerton, Hilton, Hyatt, Mandarin, Regent, Ritz-Carlton, Shangri-la, and of course, my own wedding suite at Raffles Hotel 7 years ago.) As usual, there were a lot of photo taking to remind us of this joyous occasion.


Wengao, Kin Meng & Tze Jan

Clara, Christine and I

Winnie and I

PS. Those of you who have taken photos, please send me my photos. Thanks.

No comments: