making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 4 March 2007

Yuan Hsiao 元宵 Gathering

Today is Yuan Hsiao (the 15th of First month) which is the last day of CNY and it is also known as the Chinese Valentine's Day. We had another gathering at our place, a smaller one. My parents' goddaughter and her mother as well as my mother-in-law came over for dinner. This year, due to my parents' trip to UK, people had missed our usual custom of serving our Hockchew Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mee Sua on the 2nd Day of CNY. Since my parents are back, people have started asking when they could come over for our famous Hockchew Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mee Sua.

Tonight was the first of many more "Hockchew Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mee Sua" gatherings to come. People love our Hockchew Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mee Sua because our mee sua are hand-made and are brought over from East Malaysia to us, by my relatives. As for the Hockchew Red Wine, my mother brewed it using a secret Hockchew recipe, following a real secretive procedure. Me, have I learnt how to brew the red wine? Nay, I am too lazy and besides, I am allergic to alcohol. Hahaha. My girls have been watching their grandmother brewing the red wine. I guess the baton of brewing red wine would be passed onto them. Hahaha.

Not to worry, people. Our Hockchew Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mee Sua is available all year round, not just during CNY. As long as you inform us 1 day in advance, it is a 100% guarantee that a delicious bowl of Hockchew Red Wine Chicken Soup with Mee Sua will be waiting for you the next day. You are welcome to 2nd and 3rd helpings too! SERIOUSLY.

See you all soon.

No comments: