making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 24 April 2007

Emotions swirling, Thoughts swirling

When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. - Dale Carnegie

Emotions swirling round and round - jealousy, anger, sadness, fear, bitterness, remorse, loneliness, happiness, hope...

In one of my jobs, I have to deal with emotions. Early on in this career, I learnt to detach myself from my clients' emotional states/ situations. It does sound very cold but it is something I have to do in order to maintain the objectivity. I won't be of much help to my clients if I am overwhelmed by their emotions.

***
This dead of midnight is the noon of thought,
And Wisdom mounts her zenith with the stars.
- Anna Letitia Barbauld (Source: A Summer's Evening Meditation)


Thoughts swirling round and round. My mind is at its best in the dead of the night, resulting in me doing some of my best thinking and writing in the wee hours of the morning, as can be seen with my blog. Oh, of course with my Phd thesis too. Hahaha.

No comments: