making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 13 April 2007

Food craving

Today, over lunch, my friends and I started talking about food cravings. Imagine that, talking about food over food. Hahaha.

Anyway, we were talking about food cravings. A friend said that she doesn't have any food cravings but she has cravings for shoes, bags, and clothes. She sees, she must buy. Hahaha. Another friend said that once he starts thinking about certain food, he wants to have it. Although the craving might be different: for food or for shoes/ bags/ clothes, the feeling of great satisfaction after the craving is met is the same.

I sometimes have food cravings but I won't die if it is not satisfied. Except when I was pregnant. During my 1st pregnancy, I had craving for McDonald's Filet-O-Fish. Piece of cake, right? McDonald's is everywhere. But I only craved for the Fish from the McDonald's in Xiamen, China and only at a particular time, 11pm! Thank goodness, the craving only lasted 2 weeks while my husband and I were there on holiday and visiting my parents. Every night for that 2 weeks, he had to walk to the McDonald's about 10 minutes away from my parents' penthouse. He also had to get the timing right. Earlier or later than 11pm, I couldn't take the smell. Poor man, but it was good exercise for him. Hahaha. For the 2nd pregnancy, it was KFC, especially the crispy chicken skin! I think I had it almost every night for the last month. But I think I craved it then because I could get fat all I want and no one would know. Hahaha.

Talk about food craving, my husband had one this evening. He was supposed to wait for me in the car while I went to rent a book from Sunny Bookshop, Far East Plaza. However, in the last minute, he decided to park the car. "Why?" I asked him. He said, "I just need to have the Taiwanese Oyster Mee Sua!". And enjoyed it he did, he finished the whole bowl of oyster mee sua under 10 minutes! Hahaha.

No comments: