making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 19 April 2007

Forbidden Fruit

Hmm... sounds scandalous, doesn't it?! Hahaha. Actually, I am referring to fast food.

When my brother and I were young, under my mother's rule, fast food is forbidden fruit! We weren't allowed have any fast food, e.g. McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, etc, as our mother deemed them too unhealthy. I always remember telling myself that when I am older, I would eat as much as I want of ALL the fast food out there!

As time passed, I grew up but I never took action. I could count the number of times I had fast food with one hand in a year (with the exception of my pregnancies), usually from Maccas (Australian slang for McDonald's) and KFC. Guess my mother's rule is too deeply entrenched within me. I never ventured to keep my promise to try out all the fast food places. Until today.

Well, I didn't go of my own accord. My friends decided to bring me to MOS Burger. I think they felt I have been really deprived and they gave me a treat. Hahaha. I had the Chicken Teriyaki Burger meal, a clam chowder soup and shared half a Frozen Cheese Cake (original) with a friend. How did I find my meal?

Forbidden fruit (fast food) is sweet! =) Hahaha.

Updated 20 April 2007, 9:12 pm
Friend complained that I didn't sound excited enough about eating MOS Burger. What more you want. Already "forbidden fruit": "An indulgence or a pleasure that is illegal" for me leh, still not enough?!?!
Ok, here goes:

FORBIDDEN FRUIT (FAST FOOD) is SWEET!!!!!!!!

Sounds more excited now?! HAHAHAHA.

No comments: