making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 16 April 2007

Green insect

While working on something during the wee hours of today (12 am+), I had a rude shock from a green insect. It was of emerald green colour. A really pretty colour actually. What happened was it suddenly flew out of nowhere (ok, it did come from somewhere, just that I didn't see it coming) and landed on my arm. It really gave me a shock because I didn't expect something to land on me in the middle of the night! Hahaha. At least, I didn't scream or shout, I only said "Aiya" and brushed it off. It flew off and landed on the bamboo blinds.



I am not a person who is sqeamish about insects. I am not afraid to touch them if necessary and I most enjoy killing cockroaches! Hahaha. I still remember catching cockroaches for my Biology class in Sec. 4 and also helping my classmates to catch them because most of them were scared of cockroaches. Hmm... come to think of it, I should have charge them for each cockroach I caught. Hahaha. I also remembered an incident when I was at ACJC (for the first 3 months). I came out of the Ladies and I saw this JC 2 guy trying to run away from a cockroach which seemed to be "chasing after" him and he was telling me to run. All I did was simply stepped. And Hey Presto! DEAD cockroach. He was dumb with astonishment! I think he later got teased by his friends that he needed a JC1 girl to come to his aid. Hahaha.


Ok, there is something that I am squeamish about: SPIDERS but they are not insects. They are arachnids. Just thinking about spiders give me the shivers. I only started getting scared of spiders when I went to Australia to study because of the poisonous species of spiders there, like Redback and Funnelweb. To think I used to catch spiders for fighting when I was young. Yuck! Never again.

So Friends, please be NICE. Don't ever try to scare me with spiders. =)

Updated 9:13pm
Even though I DON'T like spiders, I did enjoy the movie "Eight-legged Freaks" - about spiders that grew to enormous proportions and attacked people. It was a B-grade horror movie but quite hilarious too.

No comments: