making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Leisurely breakfast

Last night, my husband asked if I wanted to go for Marriott Cafe's Breakfast Buffet. Thoughts went through my mind: Breakfast is always a hurried affair because of work or of the girls. He is on leave this week. The girls will be at school. I am working from home today. (Shh...don't tell anyone. Hahaha.) I seldom have a leisurely breakfast. So why not?! I took him up on his offer. Besides, I don't have to pay for it. Hahaha.

The breakfast buffet spread was good, it has both Western and Asian selection. I started with my favourite, Bircher Muesli and fruit salad and a glass of milk, and followed by Western: bacon, saugages (chicken and pork), baked beans, sauteed mushroom, hash brown, potato rosti, and mushroom, bacon omelette and a glass of grapefruit juice. I took all these over two trips and in small amount. No, I didn't gorge myself. Remember it is supposed to be a LEISURELY breakfast. Hahaha. Next, I had Asian: miso soup, char siew su, and prawn dumpling, and fruits. Lastly, I ended with a nice cup of tea. I really enjoyed today's breakfast, so leisurely and yummy. Hahaha.





Me after the yummy breakfast.

My friend said, "You win liao. Breakfast can go for buffet". Hahaha. Well, once in a while, it is not a bad idea to pamper yourself or better still, be pampered by others. Hahaha. But seriously, don't have to wait until overseas holiday to have breakfast buffet. You can have it here in Singapore. Treat it like having a break. =)

Oh yes, before we left Marriott Hotel, I saw the loveliest cup cake. I couldn't resist it and I bought two for the girls: Lemon Fairy Cup Cake.


PS. Although I didn't have lunch, I am NOT hungry at all. Hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Pampering yourself once in a while especially with food, and be pampered by your hubby... it's really nice of him to suggest that and i hope that apart from the leisurely and yummy buffet, you enjoyed the company of your hubby as well... that's for sure!

hweiming said...

I think we were concentrating more on the food! Hahaha. Ok lah, did talk but about food. Hahaha.