making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 12 April 2007

"Lion Head"

"Lion Head" is what my girls call my work place. Today, I decided to bring them to see where and how I work. Today is my off-day and most of the colleagues in my fishbowl (we call the office fishbowl) are off at an international conference, so I would not be disturbing anyone if I brought them down.

They were really excited. They actually wanted to go to "Lion Head" the way I would normally travel to - bus, MRT, bus. But we were running short of time (and I was also lazy) so we took a taxi there. At "Lion Head", I brought them to meet a former professor who taught me and several of my colleague friends. Along the way, while walking along the corridor to my fishbowl, the girls received compliments of "Wah, so adorable" as well as gifts of chocolates from professors who saw them, including a former director. Not bad hor, can 骗吃. Hahaha. Some of my colleague friends came over to my fishbowl to play with them. Hmm... some of them will make very good parents in the future.

The girls at my workstation

Can't you tell we are sisters?! We have the same look!

Where is the rain?!

Photo with Uncle in the "white dress" (as said by Juliane)


My girls and I took a taxi down to Raffles City to have dinner so that we could take a lift from my husband after his dinner with colleagues in the same area. We also gave two friends a lift down to Raffles City, thinking it would be faster than taking the train for them. Alas, we miscalculated. There was a bad jam at AYE due to a traffic accident. We only managed to get to Raffles City close to 7pm. My girls were famished. We had wanted to eat at Soup Spoon but it was CROWDED. So the next option was Din Tai Fung and we had the last free table. Lucky or what?! Since the girls were really well-behaved, I treated them to Ah Kun ice-cream toast and I had a cup of teh-ci.

We walked around at Raffles City while waiting for my husband to pick us up at 9:30pm. It is not a good idea to go shopping with kids. I had only intended to do window shopping but ended up buying bracelets for them and a pair of turquoise earrings for myself. What happened? Cos the salespersons thought the girls were cute and gave them sweets and such, and that made me feel obliged to buy something from their shops. I know I am such a sucker. Hahaha. But then again, maybe it's just an excuse that I needed to buy things. Hahaha.

No comments: