making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 8 April 2007

maomaozoncatpila...

This morning I woke up to a chanting in my ear, "maomaozoncatpilamaomaozoncatpila...". Don't worry, folks, I am not that crazy yet to hear voices in my head. (Hang on, does hearing a song in your head count as derangement?! Hahaha.) It was Juliane chanting away.

Groggily, I asked her what was she saying. She just repeated, "maomaozoncatpilamaomaozoncatpila...". I was like, "Huh?!". She repeated again. As I shook the last remains of sleepiness away, I finally understood. She was mixing Mandarin and English phrases in her "chant" and in that funny pronunciation of hers, especially for Mandarin. She was actually chanting, "maomaochong (毛毛虫), caterpillar, maomaochong (毛毛虫), caterpillar, ...". Thank goodness, I am not scared of 毛毛虫/ caterpillars. Otherwise, I would have bolted from my bed. Hahaha. However, I can't say the same for a friend who is terrified of caterpillars. No, friend is a guy. Friend, you better pray hard your kids won't do something like that to you. Hahaha.

Juliane started chanting this morning because last night, I showed her a pic of a caterpillar which I chanced upon at work. It is interesting what/ how kids think about.


Coincidentally, the caterpillar was found by the same friend who is terrified of caterpillars. My friends and I have never seen a person run so fast before, from something so tiny. It was a AFV moment, if only we had a video cam. Hahaha.

No comments: