making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 5 April 2007

PhD...studying...writing...

Have you guys tried Blogthings? It has got some really interesting stuff, quizzes and such. Pretty accurate for some of them but you have got to be really HONEST.
While procrastinating (about my PhD writing), I chanced upon this particular quiz. I tried it and this is what I got.

You Are a Great Student
You aren't afraid to crack the books when you need to, and you make your education a true priority. You could become a PhD in anything, if you set your mind to it. There's no limit to what you can learn!


It got me LAUGHING cos of the line "You could become a PhD in anything, if you set your mind to it". Accurate or what?! Aren't I doing my PhD now?! Hahaha.

Analysing the double whammy of my writer's block plus procrastination, one question appeared again and again: "What am I going to do after my PhD?".
I am someone who always need to stimulate my mind to feel alive and I am someone who strives on challenges. Studying is the best way to achieve both! It was so when I was doing my Masters part-time while teaching. And now, doing my PhD part-time while working part-time as a researcher and counsellor and being a mother of two. It is a real big challenge for me but I am enjoying every minute of it. (Ok, some of you must be thinking, "She is so WEIRD!". Hahaha.) I love studying as it allows my mind to soar. I guess I am afraid of what's going to happen after I finish with my PhD. Will my mind soar again? What is after PhD? Post doc maybe? Hahaha.

Okay, okay. I am going too far ahead of myself. I must settle my PhD writing first. So Friends, if you see me, do me a favour: ask me about my writing or for those who dare, whack me on my arm (I promise I won't use my Aikido on you. Hahaha.) to keep me on task for my writing. Thanks in advance.

No comments: