making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Questions for SA

"Here's a challenge - if you can identify me, I will be your personal Sunny and lend (not GIVE) you the books for your distraction. If you can't, it's off to NLB for you!"

Hi SA,

I am going to take you up on your challenge.
But I will need more clues from you. Otherwise, it's kind of a lopsided challenge, leaning in your favour, don't you think?! So indulge me, ok?

Here are some questions for you:
Are you a guy or gal?
Are you someone I know personally?
If I do know you, from where, e.g. work, school - JC, uni?
If I don't know you, was it through my blog that you know me?
Do you go to Sunny?
Are you local?
(Cos I have got overseas friends too so trying to cover all areas)

These are the questions that I can think of for the moment. :) Now even if you tell me your responses, it is still a challenge trying to figure out who you are. So have pity on me. Thanks =)

And you know what? You have single-handedly caused a lot of talk and speculation among my friends. I haven't seen this much excitement, not even at General Election. Not bad. Hahaha.

Waiting patiently for answers,
Hwei Ming

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now where would be the challenge if these questions were answered? and would it matter who i am? does it not suffice to know that i am a like minded avid reader of similar interests to you (and many other people too, although i don't think that many frequent sunny)!

it's a typically singaporean thing isn't it - that one must have a name to everything...only to spoil the fun of a reader to reader exchange of minds. would knowing me make a difference?

yes, like the majority who reads such trashy stuff i'm a guy. you probably know me personally although that can be relative. i don't go to sunny as frequently as you, i suspect. and can't overseas friends be local and local friends be overseas?

your curiosity is misdirected to the wrong 'objective' - it should be towards books that you can dig up in sunny or in NLB (no i don't work there but i have recently 'discovered' its treasures)!

Your Anonymous Reader (who i'm sure are among many!)

hweiming said...

Hmm..ok, u do have a point about not needing to have a name to everything. But I dont even have a face to put the name to. Beginning to wonder if you are a figment of my imagination. HAHAHA. Ok, wont insist on a name then. But how to id u so that I can borrow books from u?! LOL =) So my curiosity is not all that misdirected to the wrong 'objective' - it is still towards the books I can dig up but from where or who (you)! Hahaha.

I beg to differ, those reads are not trashy :( (which would mean I read trashy stuff too, hahaha). The authors have done some research before writing (hmm... maybe sci-fi, abit difficult to defend). So not so trashy, right?! :) But an interesting take, never heard a guy say such stuff are trashy before.

Well, for me, my overseas friends are all not locals: Britons, Canadians and Australians. And I have only have 2 local friends who migrated overseas. So you see it is quite clean-cut for me. :) Hmm..unless someone has gone overseas or came here and didnt tell me?! LOL.

Btw, I have left 2 comments for u under the post "Fantasy, Sci-fi ...". Not sure if u have seen them. But u could ignore one of them as u have already answered my questions. Thanks.

As usual, it has been interesting talking to u! Hope u excuse me for my minor preoccupation with having to know a name. I cant keep calling u SA, can I? Hahaha.