making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 29 April 2007

Rain, Lightning and Thunder and ...Cupcakes

Before I went to sleep this morning close to 3:30am, I noticed the sky was cloudy and it was tinged red. My mother taught us that it meant a storm was coming. True enough, around 4am or my side of the island at least, it started to rain heavily. The pounding of the rain soon lulled me to sleep. (After all, it was really late. My sympathies to SA who was then still working in his office ALONE!) Soon after, flashes of lightning and claps of thunder followed.

But it was not the bright flashes or the loud rumblings which woke me up slightly after 4:30am. You know how sometimes you suddenly become very alert for no rhyme or reason. That was what happened to me. It was all dark in the room and suddenly, with a flash of lightning, I saw a pair of eyes staring at me! It was Juliane. Hahaha. It's a good thing that I'm into horror, supernatural and such so my heart is of stronger mettle. Hahaha. She was waken up by the thunder, not because she was scared of the thunder but that it was too noisy! I got her back to sleep again amidst the flashes and rumblings but she would only sleep if I covered her ears with my hands so that she wouldn't hear the thunder. So I am her ear muffler. Hahaha. Several times, thinking she was asleep, I slowly withdrew my hands but she pulled my hands back over her ears. Sheesh, talk about being a light sleeper. Thought I am bad enough as a light sleeper, she is worse. Hahaha.


***

We met up with a friend, Hoon for brunch/ lunch at The Marmalade Pantry, Palais Renaissance. It is one of our favourite food haunts. You have to make bookings or you have to wait for quite a while, espcially for the Sunday Brunch. It is quite popular with both expats and locals alike. The food is yummy and the dessert, especially, the cupcakes (the Pantry is famous for their cupcakes)... simply speechless. Yes, you can tell I have a sweet tooth. Both Hoon and my husband ordered the so-called breakfast set which allowed them to mix and match. They both had Scrambled eggs, Pork sausages, Toast, but with a different side dish of Sauteed mushrooms and Baked beans respectively. Marieann had the kid's set of Scrambled eggs, Sausage, Toast and Fries. Juliane had Penne with Broccoli, Ham and Cheese. I had the Linguini with Crabmeat, Tomato and Pinenuts. There was supposed to be chili in the linguini but since I don't take chili, I asked the chef to remove it. :) The food was simply great! For desserts, the girls had their Cloud Nine cupcakes and the adults shared a Sticky Date Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice-cream and Sticky Date Pie slice, accompanied with 2 coffee for Hoon and my husband, and a mint tea for me. It was Delicious and Sweet! We packed four cupcakes to go. Go try this place, if you have the time.

Cloud Nice cupcake


Updated 29 April 2007, 8pm
It is 8pm now. I am still feeling very full. Maybe I will have a light supper instead of dinner. Hahaha.

5 comments:

hweiming said...

Did you manage to finish your work? So what time did you leave your office this morning?! I can't imagine working in the office overnight. The latest I have ever stayed in my office alone is 8pm+.

Not sure if I should tell the ghost story, just in case you have to work late in the office alone again. Don't want to be blamed for spooking you, SA. Hahaha. But if you are still interested, I can tell you. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Hey my dearest B, if SA aint keen then at least tell me =P good things should be shared and SA should not be getting special treatment... considering the fact that I know you longer than SA *wide grin* so do tell horror of horror tale pls...... =)) from huggable B

Anonymous said...

oh yah, by the way, on our next meet up can we please go to this nice cupcake place =P am drooling just looking at the cupcakes!!!! huggable and hungry B

hweiming said...

Ok, B. You are on. Might as well get the other B. Hahaha. Suggest that we go for lunch. Cos most cupcakes would be gone after lunch. Hahaha.

Well, if most are interested, then I will tell the ghost story. But I will NOT be blamed, if thereafter, no one dares to stay back to work in the office after dark! HAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... the 3 Bs will be going going for cuppy cakes