making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 20 April 2007

Spider, lunch, reading

Spider. Saw a spider on the floor, on my way to lunch. At first, I thought it was a beetle and wanted to catch it. (Actually, to scare a friend with it.) Then to my horror of horrors, it was a SPIDER! I jumped across it and ran to the end of the corridor. A friend tried to get the spider to crawl onto his hand. Thank goodness, it refused to budge. If he had succeeded in coaxing the spider onto his hand, I think he would have tried to scare me with it. Thank my lucky stars. Hahaha.

Lunch. It is my favourite time of the day while at work. Hahaha. I love to eat. My friends and I have been eating at the different canteens around our work place - Canteens 14, 12, 5, 4, A, B, SBS. There are a few more canteens that I haven't been to. Should pester my friends who know how to get there, to bring me there. Maybe as incentive, treat them to lunch?! Hahaha. My plan is to at least try all the stalls in the canteens at least once. Hahaha. Let's see if it does pan out. So Friends from work, if you are reading this, you should know what to do. HAHAHA. And of course, besides enjoying the food, I ENJOY YOUR COMPANY too, FRIENDS!

Reading. I went to return a book this evening. I only intended to make a return and then run as I already have a book from Sunny Bookshop that I am currently reading. It is a thriller, "The Swarm" by Frank Schatzing. (Will let you know how it is after I have finished with it.) But I saw a book, "Ice Station" (also a thriller) by one of my favourite authors, Matt Reilly. This is the only book by him which I have not read. Aiyo. What am I to do?! Already have a book to read and I still have to do my writing. (Yes, don't worry, I am still writing.) Rent, don't rent, rent, don't rent, rent, don't rent, rent, don't ... Heck lah. I rented it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you like such books i highly recomment james rollins or douglas preston & lincoln child (coauhtors). and if u know who i am i might even lent them to u

a secret admirer

hweiming said...

hi, secret admirer. :) i have responded to your comment with a post dedicated to you, "To My Secret Admirer..." (dated 21 april) hahaha. hope you will decide to reveal your identity to me.