making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 16 April 2007

Surprises from Friends

This morning, I had two surprises.

On my way to uni, I received a sms from a friend who is currently in Brisbane to handle some matters. It was a very pleasant surprise! I was kind of worried about her and had been wondering if things were going well for her. Her sms conveyed good news. Good onya, Hoon! (Hehehe, can still remember a few slangs from our Brisbane days. Ah, those were the days. Hahaha.) Now, Hoon, since you are more relaxed, I can ask for my prezzy from Brizzie. Hahaha. Thanks for getting my Dark Chocolate Peppermint from Darell Lee! We will meet up and yabber when you come back to Singapore.

I received another surprise when I arrived at uni and was checking my emails. I had an email from a dear friend as well as mentor who returned to Canada with his family in 2006. I worked together with Dr David Peat at MOE HQ and I also worked part-time for him after we both left MOE HQ. He has always selflessly shared with me, a junior psychologist (as compared to his vast experience), his knowledge and experience. I really learnt alot from him. Anyway, I was really happy to hear from him and about his wife, Robyn and his family. David and Robyn, you have always been in our thoughts and prayers. Really glad to know that things are going well! We couldn't be more happy for you all. Congrats too, that you are now proud grandparents of Sarah. Take care of yourselves. Keep in touch.

I had two wonderful surprises today. My friends, thank you for thinking of me and sharing with me your good news. I am thankful for having all of you as my friends. Take care! See you soon.

No comments: