making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Switched on OR Unplugged

Switched on or unplugged? You must pondering what am I talking about? Electrical appliances? Network cable? Phone? ... None of the above. Actually, I am talking about me.

Huh? Pardon you? No need, you did hear right, or rather read it right. No, no, I am not a cyborg nor am I a Borg (Star Trek fans would know this. Hahaha.) Then where did "switched on" and "unplugged" come about??

It started when a manager came to speak with me in the morning. She told me that an academic would like me to work on his project. According to this academic, I am "switched on", Singlish meaning I'm on top of things or is very hardworking and detail oriented. I laughed, not in front of the manager of course but inwardly. This is the first anyone has described me as "switched on"! Let me indulge for a moment: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I later related this to my friends over lunch. My friends were pretty amused too. A good friend turned to the others and said, "She is not switched on. She is unplugged!". That really drew out the LAUGHTERS from everyone, including me!!! It was really funny. And this is also the first anyone has described me as "unplugged"! Hahaha.

So Friends, what do you think? Am I switched on or unplugged? Hahaha.

There's one more thing that made me laughed really hard today. The same good friend asked me to listen to this audio clip, Mr. Brown's Bak Chor Mee episode. I have never heard it before because I never bothered to find out about it when it was first in rage. I have never never LAUGHED so HARD in my life. I was at work so I tried my hardest to stifle my laughter but to no avail. Instead, I caused the others in the fishbowl (office) to laugh along with me (even though they had no idea what I was laughing my head off about). Hmm...talk about bringing laughter to others. HAHAHA.

No comments: