making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 21 April 2007

To My Secret Admirer...

I know this sounds totally scandalous. Hahaha. But I am responding to a comment to my post yesterday.

Anonymous said:

if you like such books i highly recommend james rollins or douglas preston & lincoln child (coauthors). and if u know who i am i might even lent them to u

a secret admirer
21 April 2007 16:16


Hahaha. It is going to be difficult knowing who you are because you aren't my only secret admirer. HAHAHA. Only joking. At least, I know you are someone with a great sense of humour.

It's nice to know that I have among my friends, someone who is reading thrillers and by James Rollins too. Yes, Secret Admirer (I guess I have to call you this until I discover your identity), I have read all of James Rollins books - Sandstorm, Map of Bones, Ice Hunt, Subterranean, Excavation, Amazonia and Deep Fathom. I am now waiting for Black Order and The Judas Strain (only out in July 2007), both featuring the return of the SIGMA Force and its commander, Gray Pierce.
I find it extremely difficult to choose my favourite Rollins book. I enjoyed reading all of them and I still enjoy them because I have this "bad" habit of re-reading books that I like. How about you, Secret Admirer? Do you have a favourite Rollins book?

By the way, James Rollins has a blog. You can read up on the latest happenings with his books and such. Go to this link: http://www.jamesrollins.com/blog/index.html

As for coauthors, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, I have managed to read only 2 of their books - Riptide and Thunderhead. I have yet to touch their Pendergast series. The first of their Pendergast series was made into a motion picture, Relic, right? Have you read the series? I will probably read them sometime in the future. But it is difficult getting them in chronological order at Sunny and I do hate having to wait long for the next book. Thus, I have held back from reading this series. Unless, you are willing to disclose your identity and lend them to me?! =)
Have you also read solo books by Prseton and Child? If you have, could you recommend some titles since you know what I like?


Yes, I am reading books by the authors you have recommended. So I am not that bad, huh?

It's wonderful discussing about books with another person. Thanks for posting your comment. Looking forward to exchanging more book/ author information with you in the future.

Updated 22 April 2007, 12:37am
I still can't figure out who, among my friends, you might be. I possess a very strong curiosity. Looks like I am not going to be able to sleep tonight until I figure who you are. HAHAHA. So take pity on me and let me know who you are??!! Thanks, friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blush* a post dedicated to me? I must say I am honored. Yet the fact that I must remain a secret to admire, must mean holding back my true identity.. for now!

James Rollins' Black Order is available from the national library - you might want to borrow it rather than rent rent rent LOL :)

I'd strongly recommend the Pendergast series.. It's like Sherlock Holmes on speed - exciting and one of those books you do NOT want to read before you go to sleep, or you'll NEVER sleep until you've finished it!

In fact, most of the books are available from the national library too! (No, I do not work for them!)

For a very VERY different take on Rollins, you have to try his fantasy series (W'itch series) or his latest (which has only one book) Shadow Fall. Beware though - the themes are very dark and can be horrific (the visual images are sometimes shocking)... they are very different from his thrillers although they're still page turners. He writes under a pen name "James Clemens" and yes, you can find the books in the NLB.

Solo books by Preston and Child are hit and miss.. I would start with the Pendergast ones. The Relic movie should be burned to ashes for its very poor adaptation!

A Secret Admirer (still)
ps. Cautionary note - these books can severely distract you from your studies!LOL

hweiming said...

Hi there, Friend.
Again, I have responded to you via my post. You have definitely whet my appetite for the books and my curiosity! Hahaha.

hm