making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 26 April 2007

TV series

When taking a break from my writing, my mind started to wonder, as usual. Today, it wondered to all the TV series that I have watched or am still watching. I realised I watched only certain genre of TV series too, like the books I read. What I think of the series (not in chronological order):
(Do I like them? Of course, otherwise I won't be watching, right?! lol)

Sci-fi:
Space 1999 - saw it when I was really young so only remembered the "Eagle" spacecraft. There was a re-run recently on tv, so managed to fill in the many, many gaps of my 1st sci-fi tv series from my childhood. I think this series sparked my interest about space and astronomy.
Battlestar Galactica (original) - Starbuck, Apollo, Athena, Cassiopeia,... names from Greek mythology. An interest of mine so I was hooked on the series too, besides it being sci-fi. Have the DVD set. Ok, Starbuck is not part of the Greek myth but I had a crush on him. Hey, I was very young then, ok?! Hahaha.
Battlestar Galactica (new) - already a big fan of BG. Love the darker and more serious themes.
V - lizard aliens posing as humans. "Humankind's last stand".
Star Trek (original) - I saw the series as re-run when I was studying in Oz. "To boldly go where no man has gone before".
Star Trek: The Next Generation - actually found Borg quite cool. Hahaha.
Star Trek: Voyager - again the Borg, Seven of Nine is so cool.
Star Trek: Enterprise - really refreshing, I thought it has so much room to develop, compared to the other Star Trek series.
Babylon 5 - about a space station (No. 5 actually) stationed in neutral space, it is a sanctuary, a military post for Earth, as well as a home to aliens and humans. I tried to follow all 5 seasons but I might have missed episodes here and there.
The X-Files - really COOL. "The truth is out there". I have got the X-Files comics too.
Stargate SG-1 - the combination of sci-fi and Egyptian mythologies.
The Twilight Zone - no need for introduction, this one, it's sci-fi, horror, everything.
The Outer Limits - kind of like The Twilight Zone, just more sci-fi.
Roswell - what better place than Area 51 for teenage alien/ human hybrids to land ...
Dark Angel - hmm...barcode on humans, the way to go for us in the future??
Taken - a story about 3 families, spanning over a few decades and three/ four generations, intertwining with aliens...
Farscape - a bit like Lost in Space, except this is just one man who is lost.
The 4400 - has paranormal abilities/ 'superpower' elements, time-space issues...
Smallville - the teen years of Superman minus the cape and red undies. Thank goodness. Hahaha.
Heroes - like reading comics and there is hope for us to have superpowers. Hahaha.

Action/ fantasy:
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys - ok, for the hunk, no I mean for the Greek mythologies! Hahaha.
Xena: Warrior Princess - again for the Greek mythologies and great to see women kick butts. :)

Action/ supernatural
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer - lean, mean fighting machine. Hahaha. I have the DVDs for Seasons 1 to 7. For 3 seasons, I have to lug home from UK cos they are banned in Singapore.
Angel - a spin-off from BtVS. I also have the DVDs for Seasons 1 to 5. Again have to lug 2 seasons home from UK for the same reason as BtVS.

Charmed - "The Power of Three". Who doesn't want to be a witch and have magical powers? For good, of course. Hahaha.
The Hex - kind of like BtVS but the Brit version with the ghosts and demons.
Ghost Whisperer - she talks to dead people and helps both the dead and living to have emotional closure and to move on. Can be very heart warming, "sob sob" kind at times...
Supernatural - ghosts, demons, vampires, urban legends and folk lore, ...

Crime/ drama:
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - love the forensic autopsies, the unravelling of the crimes.
CSI: Miami - same as above.
CSI: New York - same as above.
Numbers - never knew numbers can be so cool. Hahaha.

Drama
JAG - for the aircrafts, like F14 =) and the courtroom drama.
NCIS - Naval Criminal Investigative Services, a bit like CSI except they are with US Navy and Marine Corps. A spin-off of JAG.
House - love the Dr for his brand of humour and his unconventional thinking.
Lost - where the hell are they?!

Hmm...now I know why my mother always said I watch far too much tv. But hey, if I still have time for books, it is not too much tv then. Hahaha.

No comments: