making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Y = ...

My BROTHER! Serious, I am not joking. My brother was the other person who commented on my blog. Now YM, you are going to get it from me, your old sis. If you are in Singapore now, I would have whack you. WHY didn't you just say who you are?! Hey, I thought you said my blog is boring?!? Ok, DON'T answer that. Hahaha.

Thanks, Bro for the recommendations. Will definitely look them up. I really didn't expect you to be reading still, with your demanding job as studio director and spending time with my two adorable nephews and not forgetting your lovely wife, D on weekends. Where do you find the time to read?! Hats off to you.

My brother and I don't spend alot of time together. He went away to boarding school in UK, at the age of 13+. That meant we only spent our earlier 13 plus years together. He did come back for holidays but it was like once a year only, for two months. Anyway, when he came back for NS after his 'A', I went to Brisbane, Australia for uni. So we missed each other again. When I returned from my studies, off he went to UK (again) for his uni education. We were like playing 'Hide and Seek' perpetually. Hahaha. There in UK, my brother remained till today. He finished uni, found a lovely girl (who is now his wife), found a wonderful job, got married, now has two wonderful boys and recently purchased a townhouse!

I am very happy for you, YM that everything is going well for you. I know I have never said this to you but I am really proud of you and your achievements. Really. You never complained about going to boarding school at that young age. You took everything in your own stride. I really admired you for your courage then. You grew up to be an independent, open-minded, steadfast, determined and perceptive individual that you are now.

Even though I miss having my brother aound to talk to and do things with, and I lament about the children not being able to play together, I can understand why you are staying on in UK. Don't worry about our parents. I am here. Just remember to call Mama and Papa regularly, and send the cards for various occasions (Papa's birthday is 30 April and Mother's Day is 13 May, don't say I didn't tell you). As for us, we will try to visit you guys soon. I think it is time for the cousins to meet up! Please send my regards to the boys and to D. Take care now, all of you! Talk to you SOON!

PS. Didn't you know?! Our Papa threw out some of our books when we moved here. I didn't managed to save all the books but the comics are all intact, still in their plastic holders. I guarded them with my life. Hahaha.

No comments: