making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 28 May 2007

Conference

Today is the first day of the conference. Caught a lift from a good friend to the conference venue. We went early, really early to beat the crowd and traffic. *Yawn* Hahaha.

Met a lot of people, including former colleagues from MOE HQ, and former teachers whom I worked with when I was still teaching as well as when I was in MOE HQ. It was good catching up with all of them. I also met a professor who is the consultant for a project I used to work on. I haven't seen him since the beginning of the year. He is a very nice person and came up to me to chat. He also happens to be one of the big names in my PhD area of research. He has kindly agreed to be my reader! Happy! Now I have to finish my writing quickly. Hahaha.

At the keynote address, a funny thing happened. My friends and I were seated 3 rows away from the stage. All of the sudden, in the middle of the keynote speech, we heard a noise. We couldn't believe our ears and looked to each other for confirmation. Then it happened again. I laughed out loud. A man in the 4th row was sleeping and actually SNORING away. And he was LOUD. My friend said I was laughing so loudly at the man. But I just couldn't help it. I just had to laugh! How could anyone sleep and snored when he was so near to the stage?! It was definitely funny!

For some reason, I feel really HAPPY today. Had time off work, and spent quality time with good friends.

No comments: