making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 27 May 2007

An Easy, Lazy Weekend

I have to attend a 3-day conference next week so going to be really busy. As such, I decided to take it easy and be lazy over the weekend.

Saturday 26 May
I spent most part of the day curled up in bed reading Hamilton and Spiderman: The Other-Evolve or Die. A good friend lent me the books and graphic novel. Thanks, Good Friend. They are interesting, especially Hamilton! Hahaha.
In the evening, I met up with a good friend for a quick dinner and went to watch the movie: "Next". It was really crowded in the city. Forgot how crowded it is on a weekend night.
Anyway, the movie "Next" is about a man who has premonitions and could see two minutes into his future. Some parts of the movie were quite funny, although they were unintentional, I think. Somehow, I felt the movie was lacking in some ways. It was not as exciting as I had hoped it to be. But I thought the idea is pretty interesting, you know, being able to look into the future, even if it is only for two minutes. But then again, where is the fun and excitement in life if you already know what is going to happen.
I also had a wonderful time chatting and catching up with Good Friend. Let's do it again soon, Good Friend.


Sunday 27 May
Brought the girls and my mother out for lunch. Hubby suggested going to Hyatt's StraitsKitchen. It is buffet style, featuring local cusine - Chinese, Malay, Indian. The food is just okay, nothing fantastic, a tad salty for some dishes. I thought for the quality of the food, it is highly overpriced. Not worth it. That's why no pictures for this food adventure. Hahaha.
I also went to return library books at Queenstown Community Library. Don't want to be fined. Hahaha. No time to borrow new ones, maybe after the conference.
Also went to Breadtalk, Great World to get bread for tomorrow's breakfast. Going to be leaving the flat very early in the morning. Yawn. Hahaha.
On the way home, the girls ...


No comments: