making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 8 May 2007

Frustration!

Frustration, frustration, frustration!

I submitted a paper yesterday that is due today. Finished it a day earlier. Happy! I started to do up some slides based on the paper I submitted yesterday, almost finishing. Happy! All seems to be going well. I am ahead of my work schedule…, am I, really?!

My principal investigator (PI) wanted something to be added into the slides. Ok, no problem, I just have to retrieve that data from another colleague. It was then I realised what my PI gave me to write for the paper didn’t correspond to what my colleague has. Apparently, my PI has two versions of the data and I might have been given the wrong version! ARGH! All my work for the paper and for the slides might have just gone down the drain. I am NOT happy. Still waiting for my PI to respond, I can’t do anything until then.

My PI just responded. I have to re-do everything! Looks like I have to stay up LATE tonight. And I was just laughing at someone who has to stay up last night to prepare some slides for presentation. Retribution or what?! Hahaha

Tonight, I will be working LATE!!! No rest for the "wicked". Hahaha. So feel free to drop in for a chat!


Updated 8 May 2007, 7:23pm
Friend said the moral of my story is: "Next time, don't finish your work ahead of time". Makes sense?! Hahaha.

1 comment:

hweiming said...

Hi, SA. Sorry I laughed at you last night. I'm paying for it now. Have to stay up late to do work tonight! Hahaha.

Some of my guy friends, and including my husband (Hubby is thanking his stars that I am not a chick flick girl, HAHAHA) were saying they would not voluntarily go for chick flicks unless their girlfriends or wives wanted to see it. So what's with your case? Did you go for chick flicks voluntarily or with your other half? :)

Talk to you later :)