making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 4 May 2007

An Impromptu Visit

The weekend is upon me. I just want to relax this weekend. What am I going to do? I have an idea...

I made an impromptu visit to the NLB after work! I thought why not?! It is not like I have something to do at home. My writing is on track. My work is more or less done. I have finished reading my "Ice Station". I am going to be sooooooo BORED. So off to the library to borrow some books!

Armed with the book list that SA passed me a week ago. I made my way down to the library via MRT. Being not very good with directions, I got a bit lost at Bugis cos I couldn't find the right entrance out to the library. Hahaha. Or maybe it was my subconscious who wanted me "lost" so that I would wonder among the shops a while longer. HAHAHA.

I found the books I wanted at the library. It took me quite a while to decide which ones to borrow. I didn't want to get too many books and end up not being able to finish them. By the way, SA, Reilly's "Seven Ancient Wonders" is out on loan. But you still have the option of borrowing from me. :D Hahaha. I thought I might also borrow a graphic novel or two. But I ended up really lost cos I didn't know the sequence of which ones to borrow first. SA, could use an advice or two on this. Feel kinda stupid. :P Hahaha.

I borrowed two books in the end:
Preston and Child's "Brimstone" of the Pendergast series (SA's recommendation) and Reilly's "Area 7" (which features the same hero, Schofield from "Ice Station").

I am so HAPPY to be reading again. =)

PS. Don't worry. I always have time to chat with friends. So feel free to contact me via my email, MSN or my blog. Will be up late as usual. Hahaha. Talk to you later.


Updated 5 May 2007, 1:37am
I started reading "Brimstone". And I haven't been able to put the book down since 11:30pm. Darn! Am I not going to get any sleep tonight?! Hahaha. Aiyo. I am going to have panda eyes! Hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This, my dear blogger, is your bible:
http://tplist.millarworld.net/index.html

The Trade Paperback List (I told you this already!)

It gets confusing with the larger series like XMen etc, so before you hit the library, you might want to check the list first and then check online to see if the library has it or not. But there's plenty of interesting graphic novels that are standalones.. look around.. it's a treasure to be found.

Glad you borrowed Brimstone! Let me know what you think of it!!

No work tomorrow!!

hweiming said...

My dear SA, thanks so much for your advice! You have so much information about books and comics. =) You sure, you dont work there?!? LOL. Sorry :(, I forgot about The Trade Paperback List. I will remember it now! Hahaha.

Not only are you are glad that I borrowed Brimstone, I am too!! Definitely, will let you know what I think of it! Tonight perhaps. Hahaha.

Talk to you later.