making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Lost and ...

I lost my earring. It is a pair of dangling jade earrings that my mother just gave me. I have no idea when or where I had lost it. Tried to retrace my steps but mission impossible ... Sob sob sob. SIGH.

Some of you might say, "Aiyo, it is just an earring. Why so upset?". But I am upset because it is a gift from my mother. It's the sentimental value that made it so valuable. I am sentimental about things, whether big or small, expensive or inexpensive, gift or not, blingbling or not! Like I still have my first fairytale book, my first library card from NLB, my first note from a secret admirer, .... sigh.


Friends helped me to look around, one even cleared out his car (almost) because I took a lift from him. Thank you, Friends for all your help and effort! At least, I can take comfort in that I have such good friends when I face the music from my mother later. :)

Updated 16 May 2007, 6:56pm
Got home and looked into my treasure box. Nope, nothing. I had to tell my mother. Well, what do you think happened? Got blasted lah. Sigh.

Updated 16 May 2007, 7:38pm
I looked into my treasure box again. Lo and behold! The missing earring in a corner! HAPPINESS!!! I told my mother and yup, got blasted again a second time. Sigh. My fault really. Hahaha. I must have put on one earring, got distracted and then forgot all about the other one. Hahaha.

Sms-ed friends who helped me to look for it. You guessed it. Got major suan-ing (Hokkien for ridicule or "insult") from them, such as getting old ... At least, I will be a young-looking Ah Ma than any of them would be as Ah Gongs. Hahaha. But seriously, thank you again, my friends. You are a great bunch.

No comments: