making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 19 May 2007

"Scary" (Amusing) Day

Juliane woke up early and decided to follow her grandmother to the market. After the marketing, Juliane followed her father to get the car. When in the car, she (in the back seat) pointed to the front passenger seat window and said, "Boy". My husband who was about to start his car, looked out the window but he didn't see any boy. Juliane again pointed out the window and repeated, "Boy! Boy!". Hubby again looked but there was NO boy. Then hubby started to PALE! He was thinking, "Oh no, please don't let it be like "The Sixth Sense" where the boy "sees dead people"! Is she seeing something by the window?!". He remembered that last scene from the movie where the dead cyclist was outside the car window. He said he froze and the thing that went through his mind was "Please don't let 'it' be by the window!". It was then when Juliane pulled him closer to the window to look...

Oh, there was something out there, alright. But it was not a boy, it was a broom. Juliane had mispronounced "broom" as "boy"! HAHAHA. My hubby is really quite a scaredy cat! LOL. If it had happened to me, my reaction would have been, "Where? Where? I want to see!". Hahaha. That is how different we are with regards to the supernatural. Hahaha.

***
My mother and I took the girls to the Botanic Gardens. It seemed very crowded this morning. The girls were by the swan pond feeding the fishes while I went round snapping pictures. I am trying to pick up a hobby. Hehehe.





***
We had lunch at Shashlik Restaurant, Far East Shopping Centre. Never mind the decor, the food is not too bad, especially the desserts. Hahaha. I had wanted the Baked Alaska but was deterred by the 15-20 minutes wait for it. I went for the next best, Banana Flambee. The dessert is cooked by our table: the banana was cooked in butter, grated peanut and a spoonful of liqueur, after which it was poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hmm... really aromatic and yummy. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shashlik... EXPENSIVE LAH!!

d

hweiming said...

No lah. Quite okay, if you know what to order. Hahaha. =)

But to be frank, I didn't have to pay for lunch. LOL. =)