making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 10 May 2007

Sleepless, Conspiracy theory, Wakeful rested...

It was sleepless for me last night. I tried reading. It was gripping for a while but my concentration didn't last long. I gave up reading as Pendergast was too good to be wasted like that. I was in this state of exhaustion, over-exhaustion that sleep just refused to come forth. Tried watching television but nothing interesting. Emailed good friend who is in a habit of staying up late. Checked on the girls who were sleeping. It was 3am and I still couldn't sleep. Tick, tick, tick, ...
A flurry of activities early in the morning at 6:30am. The younger girl was up and singing to me. NO!!! I had only just closed my eyes and I had to get up. Sigh. I was the walking unrested this morning.

Went to school for counselling this morning. Took a taxi down. The taxi uncle was in a talkative mood and started on the conspiracy theory of our gahmen. Huh?? Conspiracy theory? Our gahmen? My mind in a mush from severe lack of sleep... do I have to listen to this?!
Our gahmen, conspiracy theory, ?? Ok, to me: Abraham Lincoln, conspiracy theory, yes. JFK, conspiracy theory, yes. Martin Luther King, conspiracy theory, yes. Watergate, conspiracy theory, yes. October Surprise (1980), conspiracy theory, yes. Conspiracy Theory (movie), conspiracy theory, yes. ENBLOC craze, conspiracy theory, yes. Our gahmen, conspiracy theory, what do you think?? No comment! lol

Wanted to stay awake in the afternoon so that I can sleep early tonight. Darn! No such luck. Sleep came at the wrong time! Fell asleep and slept for 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5 hours! That's more than I had slept the whole of last night. My sleep cycle is now confirmed in a total wreck. It seems I am becoming one of those nocturnal creatures that I love reading about and watching - sleep by day and walk by night. Hahaha. LOL. It is going to be a long, LONG night again.

SO whoever is sleepless tonight, there's me. I will keep you company! That's what friends are for. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the short absence. I've been called overseas (still am). Will chat with you later when i get back.

i see you're reading another Pendergast book. This one is a good one :) :)

enjoy!

SA

hweiming said...

Sure, no worries, SA. Have a good trip. And get me postcards. I collect them. Hahaha.

WIll let you know what I think of the book. Take care. Talk to you soon. :)