making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 30 June 2007

Cafe, writing away...

I tried to do some writing in the afternoon but was faced with writer's block. Or maybe it was too warm...

After dinner, I decided to pack up my laptop and go to a cafe to try writing. Hubby dropped me at tcc, M S Road and he adjourned to his kind of shopping at Sim Lim. Hahaha.

It was fairly empty when I arrived before 7pm. I sat at a table in a corner which was on a raised platform. Only two tables were occupied, including mine. Good, quiet but yet not quiet cos there were songs playing. I ordered a Mango Tea Freeze. When it arrived, I began my writing.

It was slow going at first, then I started to gain momentum. I revised what I had written, added more stuff, created another sub-section, ... Progress was good. Whenever I was tired, I looked around at the other patrons (unfortunately, no cute guys in sight. LOL), day-dreamed a little. When I looked back at my laptop screen, to borrow a good friend's words, my brain was re-started and I could continue again. At 9pm, I needed a sugar kick-start to my system and ordered a Grand Marnier cake - the outer layer is chocolate cake and the centre is orange mousse flavoured with Grand Marnier liqueur and a piece of orange. Tasted really good.


My Mango Tea Freeze (half gone), Grand Marnier cake, my laptop, my dissertation...

Ok, my system is going again. I better get back to my writing. By the way, I am blogging from tcc, in case you haven't noticed. Lol. Hmm... they close at 2am, wondering if I should stay until then to do my writing... We shall see. =)

Updated 30 June 2007, 11:55pm.
Came home about 11pm. It was full house when I left tcc. It was getting too noisy, I couldn't hear my thoughts. Hahaha. But I think I will go back to a cafe to do my writing. It is quite productive, no interactive kind of distractions which I am faced with when I write at home. LOL. Anyone interested, can join me the next time. =)

No comments: