making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 24 June 2007

"Deep Storm" by Lincoln Child

Finally, I am writing my book reviews again. LOL.

Having read Preston & Child's Pendergast series, Child's Deep Storm definitely didn't disappoint! Deep Storm tells of a mysterious undersea discovery 12, 000 feet beneath the Atlantic Ocean. Mystery is built upon mystery when scientists and technicians excavating the undersea discovery started experiencing a bizarre array of symptoms with no apparent causes. As you read on, you realised there are more mysteries to unravel...

Deep Storm successfully integrates scientific knowledge, adventure and suspense together, making it a really engaging thriller. I really like Deep Storm for throwing in that thought at the very end. It is a very chilling thought indeed. Brrr *Shivers* Sorry, I can't disclose what it is. You will have to read it for yourself. Hey, no turning to the end to read it. You will only spoil the FUN of reading! Lol. Deep Storm is a book that you won't be able to put down until you get to the end.

You can find Deep Storm (hardback cover) at NLB. Reserve it, if you want to read the book. There's no guarantee that it will be waiting on the shelf for you. Lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

most interesting. I borrowed deep storm from the NLB as well, since I wasn't sure if the solo author's style (as opposed to the Preston and Child combo) would be appealing or not. I wondered if the book I borrowed ended up with you! I'm sure that's not the case, since there's quite a few copies floating around LOL.

Some new books to look out for:-

The Judas Strain by James Rollins (2 Jul)
The Wheel of Darkness by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (28 Aug)

And if you're able to borrow James Clemens' Wit'ch Fire, I think you'll quickly get hooked to that.

SA

hweiming said...

My Dear SA,

You never know, the Deep Storm you borrowed could very well be with me now. LOL.

You are right, reserving books are better than trying to hunt down the books on the shelves as I have found out recently when I went to several community libraries, NLB downtown, and Library@Orchard. I just couldn't find Preston & Child's The Book of the Dead. My very good friend again took pity on me and helped me to reserve it. And now I am reading it =) Bless him. lol.

Oh, is that a new Pendergast book The Wheel of Darkness?? Wonder if I can wait that long. LOL. Yup, I know about The Judas Strain by Rollins. But that means I have to read Rollins' Black Order first, since it is about the Sigma Force too. There will bound to be some reference about Black Order in The Judas Strain. I found that out when I read Map of Bones before Sandstorm. Hahaha. Not going to make that same mistake twice. LOL.

How are you? Haven't heard from you. I presumed that you are very busy with work? Take it easy and don't stress, ok? :)

Take care, dear SA. Talk to you later.

PS. James Clemens' Wit'ch Fire, you say. Shall keep that in mind. Hahaha.