making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 11 June 2007

Drinks

Sorry, I am not referring to drinks as in alcoholic drinks. Not interested in those, as I am allergic to alcohol. Hahaha. Here I am talking about drinks such as tea, coffee, and other concoctions whereby you can still drink and drive safely.

My favourite drink is TEA. Any kind of tea - leaves, herbal, floral BUT never tea from tea bags if given a choice. You would balk at the "quality" of the tea if you have seen how they process the tea bags. Yikes! I have been drinking tea for more than 20 years, all thanks to my mother who brews Chinese tea at home. Too bad, I never really learnt the art of brewing tea from her. lol. My favourite Chinese tea is Pu'Er, which is fermented tea. Did you know that there are six types of tea (leaves), depending on the stages of fermentation? Yup, it is true, not lying.

Being health conscious, my mother is also into herbal and floral tea. Herbal and floral tea suit me fine as most of them have some medicinal properties which are not invasive to my system, unlike some western medication. Some of these herbal and floral tea are acquired tastes. It took me a while before I got used to drinking Lavender Flowers tea. My favourite herbal and floral tea are Mint and Rose respectively.

Coffee, you asked, don't I drink coffee? Well, I don't. It is too bitter for my taste. And get this, for whatever reason unknown to me, I fall asleep when I drink coffee. Yes, I know, it is very strange indeed. Hahaha.


So if you see me at cafes - Coffee Bean (my fav), Starbucks, tcc, Bakerzin, etc, you won't fail to see me with a cup or glass of something that is tea or herbal or floral or combination. Hahaha.

No comments: