making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 26 June 2007

The Girls

Marieann
There was a school health team at her kindergarten in early June. They discovered that she might have some problems with her eyesight. Sigh. Armed with a referral letter, we brought her to the Refraction Clinic, School Health Service in the afternoon. There wasn't any queue, maybe school just reopened so not a lot of students being referred. She went in alone to the refraction room and was tested for 15 minutes.

The verdict: she needs to wear glasses all the time! She has astigmatism, especially bad for her left eye. When I heard that, hubby earned killer glares from me!! He always indulged the girls by letting them play on the computer for long periods of time and lying on the floor to watch TV. I have time and time again told/ nagged at him that it was BAD for them. Of course, he never listens. Now, the kid is paying for it. I just hope Marieann's eyesight would not get any worse.

***
Juliane
In the evening, I heard Juliane gave a loud wail, ran out of my room and dashed into the bathroom. With a quick peek into my room, I saw my closet door opened and what's that in the air? I sniffed my perfume, O Oui! in the air. Oh no, did Juliane do what I think she did?? I went into the bathroom and she smelled of my perfume! I gave her water to gargle her mouth because she had sprayed the perfume into her mouth!!! I really have no idea why she wants to do that. I have stopped her on two other occasions from doing that and specifically, told her NOT to do that. Well, she has definitely learnt her lesson now. Hahaha. Served her right.

Despite being angry with her, I couldn't help laughing at her too (of course, I didn't let her see me laugh at her). I laughed because I am reminded of a similar incident. During my JC years, I did a similar thing. No lah, by accident! I didn't intentionally drink perfume. Actually, it was my father's cologne. Don't know for what reason, I was trying to look at the bottom of the bottle and I guessed the cap was not tight or something and cologne had dripped into my glass of water which happened to be there. I took a big gulp of water and spit everything out. It tasted awful so I know what Juliane has gone through. LOL. I learnt my lesson too. Make sure there are no drinks around before I check out the bottom of cologne/ perfume bottles. LOL. Now you know why I laughed at Juliane. It is funny and she is my daughter after all. Like mother, like daughter. Hahaha.

No comments: