making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 1 June 2007

Massage NEEDED!

Haven't been doing much at home today: recuperating from the conference, napping, reading Hamilton, blogging, ... Just plain lazing around. Hahaha.

I need a massage most badly! Still aching away... I think I would do anything for a massage right now! Hahaha.

Never been to one of those spa/ massage treatment centres. I think I was "scared" off them by a friend's experience. Friend was soaking in the bathtub when the therapist told her to get ready for her massage. While exiting the tub, friend fell flat on her face, in the nude and in front of the therapist. Hahaha. It was certainly funny! But her experience has made me think twice about going to a spa centre. I think I would be as clumsy too. Hahaha.

But then, I have also heard from others about how positive their spa/ massage experiences have been. Hmm... maybe I should tag along someone first to one to see how it is like... Maybe then, I will have the courage to try it out for myself. LOL.

Recommendations, anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Massage!! I think ladies prefer massage which have a more holistic experience than men (hard strong massage, doesn't matter if the surroundings is noisy as a fish market)... Of course I'm stereotyping here but judging from the various postings by ladies in the female forums:-

http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/index.php?showtopic=743&st=0
http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/index.php?showtopic=1940

I think there's something to be said about a soothing relaxing environment to enjoy the massage.

You might find a lot of offers with the credit card companies, so you should try that too. Also, read the forums - they warn of spas/massage places which are 'pushy' - after the massage they'll try to force you to sign up their packages. The better ones don't.

As I don't know which places you'd prefer, do look at the threads. Some central ones that apparently are good are - Ultimate Spa at Shaw Centre, Afond Spa at Holland V etc. The top of the line ones are of course Spa Botanica at Sentosa and Amrita Spa at Raffles Swissotel!

I go for the noisy ones, run by PRC Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners, and come back with bruises and marks! Not for the weak-hearted!

SA
ps. Don't ask why I read female forums!! LOL

hweiming said...

Hmmm... my 1st instinct is to ask WHY do you read female forums?? Is there something I should know?! Hahahaha. Well, to each, his own interest, I suppose. LOL.

Thanks for the recommendations. Will go look them up... but knowing me lazy and all... Hahaha. Hmm... I'm not sure what kind of massage I would like... but definitely DON'T want to have bruises and marks on me. So I guess Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners will be OUT for me. LOL.

So is your major event over for you? I guess you would be going for a massage then to relax, huh?? LOL.