making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 15 June 2007

My New Camera

I have bought my new camera!

I went after work with a good friend to get it. Ok, half of it was paid for by hubby but I am going to claim exclusive use of the new camera. Why? I take better pictures than him, that's why. Hahaha.

It is a Canon Ixus 950 IS. It is 8.0 mega pixels, has 4x optical zoom, multi-face detection, image stabliser and a 2.5" LCD. :) Nice! I like this camera. It has similar functions to my old Ixus, so it's not too difficult to use. Lol. Now, I can get out there and take really nice pictures. Hahaha. Of course, don't mind getting tips on how to take good pictures from good friend and my brother who are both into photography. (My brother owns one of those old photo cameras. Hey, YM are you still taking pictures with it?)

Here are some of the pictures taken with my new camera at Fort Canning Park. To be fair, I didn't take them. My good friend did. Lol.






Nice pictures, right? Good camera. Hahaha. No lah, good photography skills of friend too. Oh yes, forgot to thank my good friend for accompanying me to get the camera. Thank you, my friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A confusion is upon me!

I have decided to venture into the mountain of books that David Gemmell has written, but have absolutely no idea where to begin.

Perhaps you, my dear blogger, can suggest a starting book from Gemmell that will get me hooked? Perhaps the Drenai series?

I shall attempt to borrow from the library if available. After George RR Martin, I fancy something different...!

SA

hweiming said...

My Dear SA,

Am only too glad to return the favour, my Dear SA since you have helped sorted out my confusions over X-men comics, Pendergast series, Hamilton series, ...

Gemmell started with the novel Lengend which began The Drenai series. Have you read the graphic novel, Legend? It's related. (If you want, I can lend it to you). Actually, my brother would be the expert here as he reads Gemmell. Anyway, I shall attempt to impart what I know to you. Trust me?? lol

Drenai Series
1. Legend (1984)
aka Against the Horde
2. The King Beyond the Gate (1985)
3. Waylander (1986)
4. Quest for Lost Heroes (1990)
Drenai Tales (omnibus) (1991)
5. In the Realm of the Wolf (1992)
6. The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend (1993)
7. The Legend of Deathwalker: Chronicles of Druss the Axeman (1996)
8. Winter Warriors (1993)
9. Hero in the Shadows (2000)

He has other series which have fewer books such as Sipstrassi: Jon Shannow (3 books); Sipstrassi: Stones of Power (2 books); Lion of Macedon (2 books); Hawk Queen (2 books); Rigante (4 books); Skilgannon the Damned (2 books); Troy which my brother recommended me (3 books, the 3rd book should be coming out soon?).

Troy Series
1. Lord Of The Silver Bow (2005)
2. The Shield of Thunder (2006)
3. Fall Of Kings (2007) (with Stella Gemmell)


He also has individual novels.

A useful site to go to: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/david-a-gemmell/
It will give you more info on each book. I will check with my brother which series is a better, and more interesting read. :)

Hope I have been helpful. lol.

Talk to you later, SA. :)