making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 18 June 2007

New ATM Card, Reading

Yesterday, when I tried to pay for my purchases with my POSB ATM card, it refused to read. So I had no choice but to use my credit card to pay first. Note it is MY credit card, not a supplementary card hor. LOL. I don't really like using credit cards, would rather pay with NETS (ATM card) or cash. It is a quirk of mine. lol.

Went to POSB first thing in the morning to check what's wrong with my ATM card. It was confirmed that my card has "died" of old age. The magnetic strip was no longer functioning. Well, I have been using it for the last 13 years, guess it is time for it to "retire". Hahaha. While I was signing a form for the new POSB ATM card, I saw the teller took out a pair of scissors and went "snip, snap" with my old card. My heart just went "snip snap" too! I hadn't expected that to happen. Although it is just a card, I had feelings for it too. After all, it had been with me for 13 years! So sad.

Yes, yes, I know. I am such a sentimental fool. LOL.

***
I was reading my articles in the afternoon. Half way through the pile. Another afternoon of reading, I would be able to start writing soon. I really enjoyed my reading session today, beginning to make connections and such. It is such a wonderful feeling! :)

Updated 19 June 2007, 9:06am
Forgot to pass a message to SA. Hi there, SA. My brother (I think it is my brother, lol) has replied you about which Gemmell novels to go for. His comment is under the post, Busy Day (16 June 2007). Go take a look if you can, SA. Take care. Talk to you soon. :)

No comments: