making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 20 June 2007

Workshop: Day 1

Today is the start of my project's 2-day workshop.

I wanted to be early for the workshop and was at the research centre almost an hour early before the workshop started at 9am. Lol. Hmm... tomorrow I should be able to sleep in for another half an hour and still be there on time. Hahaha.
I was the facilitator for my teachers, with whom I have worked for over a year. I totally enjoyed the group discussions with them. It was both fruitful and fun.

However, I was really tired at the end of today. In part, due to the lack of sleep the night before - I didn't fall asleep until 3 am because of the heavy rain, howling wind, thunder and an active mind thinking of... I'm also tired partly because I have been so mentally wired up during the workshop. I am always like this for workshops, talks, conferences, etc because I am in a "fight" mode. I wanted to be alert for questions that might come my way and I don't want to be caught short. That is the perfectionist streak in me. I guess it is good for this situation?! LOL. Tomorrow should be better. Hahaha.

***
Decided to take a break tonight, just lazing around and trying to relax by reading my books. Yup, I have got 2 books going all at once: Hamilton's Seduced by Moonlight and Child's Deep Storm. No, don't worry, I won't confused the story lines. They are of quite different genre, really DIFFERENT. Hahaha. Right, SA?

By the way, it's your fault, SA that I am reading two books as you told me about them. LOL. Okay lah, partly my fault that I can't resist reading the books. Hahaha. Hmm... I have a 3rd book which is just borrowed from the library - Preston and Child's The Book of the Dead. NO, I am STRONG enough to resist reading it!! LOL. =)

PS. Wanted to wish a good friend best of luck in his writing! Feeling bad that he is writing while I am reading for enjoyment. LOL. Good Luck, Friend!

No comments: