making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Writing

I have finally finished reading all my articles. Today, I have managed to link the relevant articles together and making the connections to my existing writing.

Now comes the difficult part: the writing. In any piece of writing, it is always the most difficult to start, especially if you have stopped for a while like I did. Hahaha. Now I have the ideas in my head and I have to start putting them down into my writing soon.

I don't have very good writing habits. Ask my family. They will tell you all about it.
  1. It is not a pretty, or actually, a tidy sight when I start writing. I have to spread out my articles around me so that I can easily retrieve them when needed. So my room looks like a war zone. Lol.
  2. I need to block off time to write. I admire people who can write as and when they like. I can't. I need a few days, just to read, absorb and write, and that includes NOT doing anything else. So for my dissertation, my most productive writing periods have always been when I took leave to write. What a waste of leave, huh. Lol.
  3. I do not like to be disturbed when writing. I become very grouchy and touchy and I will snap at anyone, regardless of who they are. I am okay with distractions like white noise (music, TV) but not the interactive distraction where I have to respond to, like the kind that goes "Mama, Mama" every 5 - 10 minutes. So it has become a problem now for me to do my writing at home unless it is very late at night. Then I have another problem of my parents nagging at me to go sleep. I can't win, can I?!
Have to find a good place (out of home) to do my writing...

Suggestions, anyone?

No comments: