making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 4 June 2007

Zodiac

It is the school holidays. I met up with an ex-colleague and we went to see the movie, Zodiac.

Zodiac is a long movie, I mean LONG, about 3 hours duration It can rival JFK, also another 3 hour movie. LOL.

Zodiac is based on the real-life killings committed by a serial killer in San Francisco in the 1960s. In real life, the serial killer was suspected but never caught. The movie went about in a documentary kind of way, with dates and places for each major scene or time line. Zodiac showed you the progress of the investigation into the serial killings and the attempts to find the serial killer. The various characters involved in the investigation, such as the reporters, the police officers, also unfolded as the movie proceeded.

I really enjoyed the movie even though it was inconclusive (in real life) as to who the real killer was/ is. I always like a good mystery and I just love getting to the bottom of a mystery. (Like recently, I just solved a personal mystery of mine. lol.) To me, Zodiac is also a good study of psychology as it reflected the various human natures such as evilness, obsession, frustration, faith, ... Ok, maybe I am analysing too much. Hahaha. Sorry, occupational hazard. LOL.

One regret: the paragraphs at the end of the movie on how the various characters were/ are now, I couldn't quite make out. Too wordy, I lost track. LOL.

No comments: