making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 26 July 2007

24

24. That is how old I "am" to the girls I am counselling.

At counselling today, one of the girls suddenly asked me a question. There is nothing wrong with the students asking me questions. In fact, I do encourage them to ask questions as it would help them in the counselling process.

She asked me how old I am? I always thought it is apparent how old I am. Using Gestalt style, I threw the question back at her and asked her how old she thinks I am. She replied, "24". I figured the expression on my face must have been pretty weird. She repeated her response again. Next thing, I knew, I burst out laughing and gave the girl quite a shock. She must have thought, "Oh no, my counsellor has gone siao liao". LOL.


Now I don't normally lose control of my emotions like that, especially not during counselling. But I was so tickled by the girl's response. Hahaha. When I told her my actual age, she couldn't believe it. Lol. And girls being girls, she started asking how to keep looking young. Hahaha.

Well, the truth is I really don't know what the secret is to looking young. I guess I am lucky, born with the right genes, etc. (My younger brother has always been mistaken for my older brother, lol. Sorry, bro. By the way, the parcel is on the way to UK.) So for that, I am really thankful. But if I do figure one day what is the secret to "eternal youth", I will share it, definitely. =)

No comments: