making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 22 July 2007

Enbloc, Garden, Harry Potter

Enbloc
Our estate had an enbloc presentation by a certain agent recently. Upon attending the presentation, we realised that they had self-invited themselves to our estate, WITHOUT permission! These people were actually walking around our estate, coming into our blocks, ringing our doorbells at night, all WITHOUT permission. This is truly how low and greedy people can get. I definitely feel very angry and especially violated by them. I can't even feel safe in my own haven, without thinking if the next ring of the doorbell is another unscrupulous agent trying to sell my home. Sigh.


A good friend sent me this link to the mrbrown show (25 June 2007). Listen to it if you can. It is really funny but it also reflects a social problem that could become very REAL in the near future - A half-way home for enbloc victims.

***
Botanic Garden
It was a cool afternoon so we went for a walk at the garden. It was crowded as usual being a Sunday and I think the cool weather also encouraged more people to be outdoors. We walked around and we saw the Illawarra Flame Tree with its red flaming flowers. But according to my mother who saw it last week, before the news of it came out in the papers, the tree was much more beautiful then, unlike today's which seemed to be nearing the end of its blossoming period.



***
Harry Potter
Knowing my reading speed and the interest I have in it, I would have finished Harry Potter by now. But I am now reading it very slowly. As I was reading it last night, it hit me that this is the LAST Harry Potter book that I will ever read again. NO MORE Harry Potter. With that dreadful realisation in mind, I slowed my speed in reading it. I am savouring the pleasure of reading Harry Potter and trying to prolong that pleasure as long as possible. However hard I have tried to draw out my reading of Harry Potter, I would finish it by tonight. But rest assured, my friends, I will not be posting my review of it so soon, I would wait at least another few days so that you would have a chance to read it before I spoil the story for you.

No comments: