making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 23 July 2007

Farewell, Harry Potter!

At the stroke of the witching hour, I closed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with a heavy heart. I have finished reading the 7th and last book of the Harry Potter series. It is a bittersweet moment for me.

I started reading Harry Potter when I was teaching back in 1998. It was in rage then and almost all my students were reading it. My curiosity was whetted. One of my girls lent me the 1st Harry Potter book. From then on, I was hooked on Harry Potter! =) I sometimes had discussions with my girls about Harry Potter despite some teachers' disapproval of Harry Potter. To me, it was a golden opportunity to instill the love of reading in them. What better opportunity and time than that to show them their teacher is also reading and enjoys reading :)

I really enjoy reading Harry Potter. I remember waiting patiently for the Harry Potter books to be released. I was thrilled when I happened to be in UK visiting my brother and his family in 2003 and 2005 which coincided with the release of HP5 and HP6 respectively. I bought my HP5 in UK (2003) and lugged it all the way back to Singapore. Lol. But for HP6, I pre-ordered it in Singapore, too lazy to lug it from UK back to Singapore again. Hahaha.


I am happy that I finally knew all the answers about Harry Potter but yet at the same time sad that Harry Potter has ended. It is a bittersweet moment for me. I may need some sort of closure lol... There is going to be a void now for me. What book series should I wait for now?

I think I am going to read Harry Potter 7 again for old times' sake. Lol.

No comments: