making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 12 July 2007

Life's Surprises: Farewell & Welcome

Farewell

Today, I rushed back to office after my counselling for a colleague, Poh Hoon's farewell lunch.

I have known Poh Hoon since I started work at the research centre in 2004. I remembered how she managed to get me to do a book review of a really thick book on my 3rd day of work! Lol. Of course, I wrote the book review for her. I am such a nice person. Hahaha.
Poh Hoon is an easy-going person. She is really easy to talk to and easy to get along with. She doesn't seem to have any temper. I have yet to see her blow her top. =) I think she would have been a great person to work with. Unfortunately, we have been in different projects.

Poh Hoon, May happiness, good fortune and success be yours in life's continuing journey. You'll be missed. Keep in touch!

***
Welcome

A colleague of ours, Sharmila who is expecting, went to Gleneagles today for her weekly check-up. She was asked to stay for observations. Her delivery date is supposed to be end of July. Looks like she might deliver her baby early. Usually, 2nd babies come early. They can't wait to see the world! Lol. My Juliane came a whole month early!

Just got news that Sharmila has given birth to a little princess at 6:30pm! Her little bundle of joy weighs 4.27kg and measures 52cm in length.

Sharmila, Congratulations on your latest addition to the family!

No comments: