making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 17 July 2007

A New Day

I have an early morning meeting at 9am so I thought I would come into office earlier. I left for work at 7am. Yes, I got here on time. In fact, I was a whole hour early. But it is okay, I am the only one in the office. I like it this way, quiet and peaceful. I like the solitude.

On my way to work, I saw the sun rising. The sun shining, with its morning glory, from behind buildings, trees, ... Since picking up photography again, I found myself looking at things differently. What I would normally pass by without a glance, would now earn a 2nd or sometimes, even a 3rd glance from me. I start to see the play of colours and light in things... The beauty in life...

I was msn-ing with a good friend late last night, actually it was past midnight. (So considered a new day already lol.) It has been fun catching with good friend. We haven't had the time to chat as we did since quite a while back as we are both busy with work. It is most important to keep in touch with friends. To me, friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious (St Thomas Aquinas).

"Thank You Friend I never came to you, my friend, and went away without some new enrichment of the heart; More faith and less of doubt, more courage in the days ahead. And often in great need coming to you, I went away comforted indeed. How can I find the shining word, the glowing phrase that tells all that your love has meant to me, all that your friendship spells? There is no word, no phrase for you on whom I so depend. All I can say to you is this, God bless you precious friend." (Author: Grace Noll Crowell)

A new day has come.

Updated 17 July 2007, 3:26pm
Taking a break now from my transcribing. After a long while, your ears start to go, can't hear the words properly lol. NO lah, not sign of old age! LOL. You try transcribing for say, a stretch of 2 hours, tell me if you can still hear the distinct words, then we talk. Maybe I can let you take over my transcribing work. Hahaha. Hmm... I do know someone who is supposedly the expert in transcribing. Maybe I can try to do a 1-for-1 exchange with him, I go to his school visit while he does my transcribing lol. Think it would work? Lol.

I will be updating this post throughout the day as and when I need a break :) ...


Updated 17 July 2007, 9:40pm
Could have finished reading my Black Order last night but I was in no mood to read after being handed a letter by the 2nd sales team from my estate. I managed to finish reading it tonight. Will give my review of it in the next post. Here are the photos I took this morning of the sun breaking through the cloud cover. I experimented with the different lighting when taking the photos.


No comments: